Preserving the wood and the appearance of the museum’s flagship vessel, Reaper, is a top priority for the Boats Club.
The Athene departed Anstruther for her new home port in early September.
Boats Club volunteers are working with museum staff to stabilise the “Research”.
Winter in the boatyard is a good time for work to be done on the current restoration project, the Antares.
The “Athene”, originally called “Guiding Star” and registered as KY240.
Stabilisation and support to conserve the Research for the future, funded by Museums Galleries Scotland Recognition Fund.
“Shirley II” was built in 1956 by J N Miller & Sons in St Monans.