Scottish Fisheries Museum Logo
Home > Support Us > Leave a Legacy

Leaving a gift in your Will is your legacy to our future generations.

Your generosity could help our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren better understand what has shaped the world they live in.

Boat Conservation
School Visit
Family Events

You may not have considered leaving a legacy to a museum, but we are a charity. For over 50 years, we have relied upon donor generosity to safeguard the story of one of Scotland’s major industries. Legacies, whatever the amount, can make a real difference to what we can do.

Your support would help ensure that future generations continue to enjoy the Scottish Fisheries Museum. You would ensure that they understand the importance of our museum site, which has links to the fishing industry going back 700 years. You would enable them to enjoy it as a hub of community activity and learning.

You would also help provide them with a high quality, engaging and contemporary experience. Curation of our extensive art, photographic, document and boat collections is only possible thanks to donors. And we need your generous support just to keep our museum open and relevant.

We thank you if you are considering leaving a gift to the SFM. You could leave us just 1% of your estate and the remaining 99% to your family and friends. Any amount you are considering, whether small or large, will be significant for our work.

If you’d like to discuss this with us, just contact Ian, our Director, at And for more information on how to leave a legacy, please see the guidance on the Charity Choice webpage. or download a copy of our SFM Leave a Legacy Leaflet.

fifedirect logo
museum galleries scotland logo
robertson trust logo
heritage lottery fund logo
scottish government logo
green tourism logo
The Scottish Fisheries Museum Trust Ltd | Charity Number: SC 006185 | VAT Reg Number: 270 2790 64
Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Conditions of use | Text Only | Cookie Policy | Photo Credits
twitter logofacebook logoyoutube logoinstagram logo tripadvisor logo